Web Application Developer
The position of web application developer consists of developing and designing web applications, creating and specifying architectural and technical parameters, and directing web site creation, enhancement and maintenance.
Primary Responsibilities (in collaboration with other developers):
- Builds web applications through the full technology stack including backend server-based development, front-end browser-based development, database-design and integration, and queue or time-based worker processes.
- Resolves internal and external bug reports, manages feature requests and solves other customer service problems to minimize impact on users and create new releases in a timely manner.
- Writes high-quality software code that utilizes unit testing or other automated QA (when appropriate) to ensure a high-degree of software craftsmanship
- Performs requirements gathering and proposes solutions to user-needs problems throughout project lifecycle in a way that includes input from non-technical stakeholders, staff, users, and other project participants.
- Writes documentation for development projects including — at minimum — source code documentation, with an eye towards future maintenance.
- Creates deployment processes and performs other project “DevOps” functions so that manual deployment tasks are eliminated or minimized, developer time is maximized, and server configuration is simplified.
- Performs data exports or other basic analysis of application data and provides the results in a usable format to internal staff, leadership, or board members.
- Creates interfaces and/or API services as needed to allow communication between various internal and external applications, simplifying data integration across applications or platforms.
- Designs front-end, browser-based user interfaces in HTML(5) that utilize basic usability and UI design patterns.
- Provides technical support for both internal staff and external customers.
- Performs other work as assigned.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills; the position requires the ability to solve complex programming and user needs problems
- At least 2 – 4 years experience in Web app developing.
- Data modeling and database design skills
- Proficiency with distributed version control systems
- Strong appreciation for best practices around testing and reusability
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Ability to set timelines and meet deadlines
- Must be a strong team player
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent customer relationship and interpersonal skills
- Ability to think strategically and perform tactically
- Analytical and critical decision making skills
- Experience and solid familiarity with databases. NoSQL databases (ex. MongoDB) is a big plus.
- Proven ability to work with large databases.
- Familiarity with frameworks such as CodeIgniter, Zend, Bootstrap, others is preferred.
- Must be willing to work in Makati City
- Competitive Salary
- Salary loan arrangements including emergency, gadget, and travel
- Full-Time Job
- 9 hours shift (8 working hours + 1 hour Lunch Break)
- Work schedule shall follow Philippines hours and holidays or as determined necessary by management.
- Fix weekends off