PICPA’s 73rd Annual National Convention will be held at the SMX Convention Center in Bacolod City on November 22-24, 2018, with its theme called “Promoting Integrity, Advancing Excellence”.
What is the PICPA National Convention?
Serving as PICPA’s annual flagship event, the National Convention serves as a gathering of accountants as well as delegates from several parts of the Philippines and other parts of the globe.
The goal of this year’s upcoming convention is to promote the core values of accounting, despite of today’s significant changes when it comes to regulations, standards, globalization and technology, which currently plays a major part in revolutionizing the landscape of the accounting industry.
Great Topics and Speakers Await for You
Of course, the PICPA convention is also expected to be filled with great topics, as brought to you by some of the best minds from the world of PICPA, accounting and technology.
The first day of the convention would focus on digitization of the accounting industry as well as the effect of technology on other aspects such as taxation and security, that will be discussed by the following speakers:
- Accountant in the Digital World – Hon. Alfredo Abelardo B. Benitez (Congressman, 3rd District – Negros Occidental)
- Cyber Security – Mr. Reynaldo C. Lugtu Jr. (President & Managing Director, The Engage)
- Digital Tax – Mr. Lee Celso R. Rivas (Partner, SGV and Company)
- Cryptology and Blockchain – Atty. Noel G. Ramiscal (IT Evangelist) with discussion moderators from PICPA including Mr. Leo Matignas and Mr. Corazon S. Rey
Second day will focus more on other business concepts such as integrated reporting, PFRS (Philippine Financial Reporting Standards), IESBA (International Ethics Standards Board for Accountants), as well as what future holds for the industry, to be discussed by a great selection of speakers including:
- Integrated Reporting – Dr. Nurmazilah Dato’ Mahzan (CEO, Malayan Institute of Accountants)
- PFRS Updates – Ms. Cindy Ortiz (Chair, Accounting and Auditing Standards Council Partner, Navarro Amper & Co.)
- Practical Challenges (2016 IESBA Code of Ethics) – Ms. Gina S. Detera (Chair, PICPA Ethics Committee)
- Servant Leadership – Rev. Fr. Adriano A. Satura, SDB (Provincial Treasurer, Salesians of Don Bosco)
- The Future of Accounting – Hon. Noe G. Quinanola, PhD (Chair, Board of Accountancy), Mr. Nicholas Sinclair (Chairman, The Outsourced Accountant), Mr. J Carlitos G. Cruz (Chairman and Managing Partner, SGV & Co.), Mr. Michael Roxas (Chairman and Managing Partner, BDO Roxas Cruz Tagle and Company) with moderator Ms. Marivic Espano (Chairman and CEO, Punongbyan and Araullo)
PICPA, also known as The Philippine Institute of Certified Public Accountants is a professional body composed of CPA professionals from all parts of the country, and has been hailed by the Professional Regulation Commision (PRC) as the Philippines’ Accredited Professional Organization (APO).
PICPA focuses on the four core areas of CPA practice such as:
- Public Practice
- Commerce and Industry
JuanTax as an Exhibitor
JuanTax will be playing a part in this upcoming convention as one of its main exhibitors and as expected, our booth would once again be present at the event, as we discuss the newest product releases available for the tax software.
You can check out PICPA’s Facebook page to learn more about this convention. Looking forward to see you all at the 73rd Annual PICPA National Convention!